a bare bones approach to a city dining guide

pointers
1 | navigate below by cuisine, location, establishment type, or price range.
2 | get out there and enjoy.

etcetera
these are raw notes. the 'notables' are what I likely order each time I go to the posted establishment. if there is a website, I link to it for more information [and for your convenience].

Search this Blog

8.17.2008

yum saap

A cheerful 'mall diner' serving fiery Thai salads, Yum Saap is a good place for quick eats - as long as you have a fairly high เผ้ด tolerance. Everything I tried had distinct zing. The vibrant menus showcase dishes with typically Thai flavour contrasts: sour, sweet, spicy, salty. My mouth waters at the very thought. A must-try is the tamarind shake - sip on it to cut the spice-factor of each dish.
In Chiang Mai, Yum Saap can be found at the two main "malls" - Central Kad Suan Kaew and Airport Plaza. I wouldn't suggest going out of your way to try it, but give it a try the next time you're out for some retail therapy, or enjoying the mall a/c on a sultry CM weekend.
::::::

notables | tamarind shake. mixed fruit salad [ยำผลไม้รวม]. papaya salad [ส้มตำ].

No comments: