a bare bones approach to a city dining guide

pointers
1 | navigate below by cuisine, location, establishment type, or price range.
2 | get out there and enjoy.

etcetera
these are raw notes. the 'notables' are what I likely order each time I go to the posted establishment. if there is a website, I link to it for more information [and for your convenience].

Search this Blog

8.12.2008

joma bakery cafe

Although it is in Laos, as a Chiang Mai epicurean, I had to post about JoMa.

For anyone venturing to Laos, JoMa is a must. And lucky for you, there are branches in both Luang Prabang and Vientiane. The fare and decor are chic European-esque, hence it's popularity among local expats, businessfolk, and tourists.
The pastry selection is impressive: chocolate, apple, and almond croissants, quiches, a plethora of pies, squares and tarts, plus fresh baked breads [focaccia, bagels, whole grain baguettes]. If JoMa were in CM, I would sip a cup of Jo every weekend. Everything I tried, I loved. Everything I bought as edible gifts [for friends, colleagues, me], was immediately devoured.

::::::

notables | chicken focaccia sandwich. iced latte. bagel egger, minus mayo plus mustard, on a multigrain bagel [add some tabasco sauce at the table for a little pizazz].

notables to go | snowball cookies. chocolate chip cookies. oatmeal raisin cookies. banana loaf. fresh-baked focaccia.

note | I will venture to say that anything at JoMa is notable, I just didn't have the chance to try it all.

1 comment:

jackofhearts said...

those cookies were so good...