a bare bones approach to a city dining guide

pointers
1 | navigate below by cuisine, location, establishment type, or price range.
2 | get out there and enjoy.

etcetera
these are raw notes. the 'notables' are what I likely order each time I go to the posted establishment. if there is a website, I link to it for more information [and for your convenience].

Search this Blog

8.13.2008

arcobaleno

Down a quiet soi off Kaew Nawarat Road, Arcobaleno is one of my local faves. I usually go soon after pay-day, when I'm feeling particularly [i.e. financially] stable.
This restaurant caters to Chiang Mai's "better off" folks, both local and foreign, seeking a quality Italian meal, with quality service, in air-conditioned comfort. The portions may seem small at first, but savour each bite [as opposed to gobbling it down] and by the end you will achieve pleasant satiation.

::::::

notables | grilled vegetables with extra virgin olive oil [served with fresh pesto - delish]. tagliatelle with eggplant. gnocchi malfatti [you can select tomato or fresh cream sauce - I always go tomato].

so-so | the pizzas, although tasty, pale in comparison to the brilliant pastas.

sweet notable | homemade honey ginger ice-cream [gracenotes of frozen ginger pieces and drizzled honey add zingy sweetness]

_________
tel. 053.306.254

No comments: